Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Daily Blog - August 18, 2009

Was finally able to finish upgrading my Shaman and level to 18. Finished up the Westfall quests (except Deadmines) and dinged 18 while doing the delivery quests for Redridge. It was actually pretty easy. I did not die once.

Next I start back on my Warrior and try to get him to level 20 so I can get my mount. Before then I would like to raise my secondary skills to 225, but I'm not sure how easy that will be. Fishing won't be difficult, but seems like it would take forever. I would like to catch fish that will level my cooking as well, but I'm not sure if I can take a level 18 character to a safe place to do this. I will have to do a little research online to find a good strategy. First Aid shouldn't be a problem.

Looking online it looks like I should go to Stromgarde Keep in the Arathi Highlands to catch mithril head trout. Unfortunately that's a level 30-40 area. Probably won't be too easy to get there with my Warrior. I suppose I have three options:

1. Try to get there with my level 18 warrior by avoiding all mobs (not sure if possible).
2. Take my level 34 Rogue there and catch the trout with him, send the fish to my Warrior and level his cooking that way. I will have to take my Warrior to Redridge and increase his fishing skill there. I would then just trash everything I catch.
3. Buy the trout from the auction house if they are available and if they are reasonably priced, and fish in Redridge to level the fishing skill.

Not sure which one I will choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment