Monday, July 13, 2009

Daily Blog - July 13, 2009

Played several hours over the weekend but didn't get too much accomplished as far as my goals are concerned. I'm still working on leveling my leatherworking for my Druid, I think I'm around 135 or 140. Right now I need medium leather to level the profession and the auction house prices are too high (around 5 gold per stack). I remember back several months ago when I started playing in December 2008 I would sell leather on the auction house for much cheaper. I believe the server was fairly new back then. I would sell a stack of light leather for about 1 gold and be happy, now they go for 2-3 gold. Same with copper bars as well.

So now that it's too expensive to buy I have to go out there and collect it myself. I've been using my Hunter because I find it easier to kill mobs that are a few levels higher with him. I went to Duskwood to kill some of the wolves to get my leather. It takes a long time, and I somewhat regret giving up skinning for my level 34 Rogue. I could have easily gotten medium leather with him in Duskwood, but unfortunately I switched him to herbablism instead. Oh well, it's more difficult to do herbalism with a low level charcter than skinning so I'll just use my Hunter for now. While getting leather I actually got him up to level 19.

Also, in the past week my wife has started to play again so I've been helping her. She only had one character before (paladin) and she thought it was a difficult class to play, so I told her to be a Rogue. She's enjoyed it so far, but is having a little trouble in some areas. She is trying to master the technique of drawing only one mob at a time. The Rogue is a little squishy if you get too many mobs on you at once. I went ahead and helped her with some armor and weapons to make it a little easier.

Maybe tonight I'll be able to collect some more leather, but my Hunter has now run out of bullets (heavy shot) so I need to make some more with my engineer, but unfortunately my engineer is only around level 40 or so. So I'm working on leveling my Paladin's engineering profession so he can make heavy shot for my Hunter.

It sure is slow going leveling all my alts.

No comments:

Post a Comment