Monday, July 6, 2009

Daily Blog - July 6, 2009

Well I played probably around 12 hours over the three day weekend and still have not got my Hunter's Jewelcrafting profession to 150 (actually can get it to 155). I'm currently at 143, which is only 43 points higher than before the weekend. It takes a lot of money to level this profession, so I end up putting things on the auction house (copper, stone, dusts, everything possible) to make money. I'll make about 10 gold and then spend it to raise it by a couple of points. I'm now having to buy jades which seem to be in short supply and too difficult to obtain myself. I cannot currently get iron ore myself to prospect the jades, which has about a 1 out of 3 chance of happening anyways. So I'll wait on the auction house and buy one for about 3-4 gold apiece.

To speed up the process I went ahead and got rid of my skinning profession for my lvl 34 Rogue which was at around 250 and picked up mining. I leveled that up to 99 last night. I'm hoping that I'll be able to locate iron nodes and collect it myself and possibly also come across some of my own jade stones. I hope the iron nodes aren't in areas that are too high for my Rogue.

Painful process, this leveling of Jewelcrafting. Not sure why it's so much worse than all the other professions. The items that you are creating could not even be used by the player making them most of the time. Once you reach level 20 and can become and expert (or whatever it's called) there isn't anything you could actually use until your in your upper 20's or 30's. And you would never be able to collect the items. You would have to be at a much higher level to collect the items you need to make the jewels.

Oh well, I'll continue leveling my Rogue's mining tonight and hopefully I'll eventually find some iron nodes or find some cheap jades at the auction house.

No comments:

Post a Comment